Thursday, March 24, 2011

Beginnings

This blog for me is a first. This will be a PhotoBlog.
I'll try to mix it up, there are lots of different types of photography.
Much of what I photograph is in the landscape category. My passion regarding nature; the rough, the majestic as well as the delicate started as a boy of about ten years of age. The Cascade mountains of Washington was where my father took me hiking and fishing. Drifting on a mountain lake watching a bald eagle use it's strong talons to pluck a large trout out of the water was the kind of experience that had to be part of my future.
As a young man, I would explore the California Sierra mountains. Hike where John Muir hiked. Always with a camera by my side.

I hope you enjoy my photo-journey.

1 comment:

  1. I am proud to say I have the pleasure of watching this process unfold. There have been many, many years where your camera has sat, waiting. Waiting for you to finish the important work of caring for children and for loving me.

    You are an incredible photographer. You are patient and you have the eye of an artist. You capture what most of us wish we had the timing to recognize as an opportunity before the moment passes.

    I for one am so very excited to be one of the first who will watch for updates at the end of each of your journeys to capture experiences of the present and to recapture the feelings you shared with your father in the past. You are an incredible person and I love to watch you grow...Best wishes on this my love. May the sun and the rain bring you rainbows.

    Your wife, Michellyn

    ReplyDelete